Genesis - MHA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Accounts

Staff

Kai

Hideki

AyaseNaosukeCypher

Hideki

Staff Online
Early Bird's Special
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:28 pmKai
With more and more …
Building the Basics
Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:28 amKai
Welcome Everyone to …

Go down
Alduin Tatsuya
Cash : 0

Dark Shadow Empty Dark Shadow

Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:00 pm
Name: Dark Shadow
Category: Emission
Range: Medium
Description: The user gains a shadowy monster like being in their body which they may materialize and de-materialize at will. When the user lets the shadow come out of their body it will remain attached to the user. The shadow is not affected by gravity and as such is able to essentially fly through the air, but while the shadow may fly this does not allow the user to fly as well. The shadow creature is much stronger and harder to control in darkness while when it's in the light it is easier to control but weaker. Along with this, the shadow has a mind of its own making it sentient and has its own personality. While in complete darkness all techniques clash at a rank higher, but techniques require a rank higher control rank to control than normal.

Drawbacks: While Dark Shadow is out it costs 5 limit per post as it is still taxing on the body. Along with this, if the shadow is in darkness the shadow can take over control if the user's control is under A rank. If the shadow takes over control the user will find that the shadow will become aggressive attacking any nearby objects. Dark Shadow has a weakness to light-based attacks, causing light based attacks to receive a +1 to dark shadow techniques, and lowering it's damage by 1 rank while fighting against light based quirks. Along with this Dark Shadow has a durability, the shadow is capable of taking three equal rank techniques before returning into the user's body for two posts.

Limit-Break: When the user goes over their limit they will lose the ability to produce the shadow for two turns, it returns to their body, and the user finds they are much weaker being unable to move as fast until they manage to rest and regain their stamina(-1 to speed for 2 turns). Along with this, if the user -5's in a dark area, Dark Shadow's sentience, and bloodlust will take complete control and for the next 3 posts, or until it comes into contact with a light source of 2 ranks or lower than the user's control, it will attack anyone it sees and cannot be unmanifested by the user.

Users:

Last edited by Syn on Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:51 am; edited 5 times in total
Kai
Kai
Cash : 8

Dark Shadow Empty Re: Dark Shadow

Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:53 pm
Alright so lets go over this one this at a time.

- Range: No. that means it hits extreme at A-rank which generally meant for like sensory techniques exclusively. I'd recommend putting it at medium and leaving it at that. You techniques will increase in range anyways as you use higher ranks. but increasing range bands like this is a bit much.
- Description: Mostly fine, but I'd like to see some kind of benefits for being in darkness, though with some kind of mechanic where it makes it harder to control. My suggestion for this would be that all techniques clash at a rank higher, but techniques require a rank higher control rank to control than normal. As well as maybe some mechanic for while its in the light, but you don't really need that as we can use that as "normal" functioning. Also may want to fix the part about the shadow "becoming easier to control in darkness"
- Drawbacks: I'm actually not a fan let people manifest dark shadow freely, though you can say it takes something like 5 limit per post to how have out. Touch more on the shadow aspects here and give them real negatives. Also I'm okay with the user being more susceptible to light attacks, but it seems like you were going for dark shadow having a durability of some sort? if so define that here (like how many techniques it takes to break/unmanifest) and than also give it a weakness to light-based attacks.
- Limit break: While I think that the user losing the ability to produce the dark shadow is interesting, I have to ask, does it manifest the dark shadow? Additionally I'd like to see more touched on the "losing control" aspect here. I might suggest something like "if you limit break at -5 while in a dark area, dark shadow becomes unstable and lose the ability to control it completely. Dark Shadow's Sentient and bloodlust takes complete control, and for the next 3 posts or until it comes into contact with light source of 2 ranks lower than the users control it will attack anyone it sees and cannot be unmanifested by the user." or something of the sort.
- Final Notes: So a few final things to touch on, Next Time put this in the technical team modding requests if you want it to be checked. Also I know you aren't necessarily aware of this yet, but endurance is not likely to be a stat within the system. If you enjoy the idea of weakening the user, have them take increased damage instead for generally the same effect.
Kai
Kai
Cash : 8

Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:53 am
Syn wrote:Name: Dark Shadow
Category: Emission
Range: Medium
Description: The user gains a shadowy monster like being in their body which they may materialize and de-materialize at will. When the user lets the shadow come out of their body it will remain attached to the user. The shadow is not affected by gravity and as such is able to essentially fly through the air, but while the shadow may fly this does not allow the user to fly as well. The shadow creature is much stronger and harder to control in darkness while when it's in the light it is easier to control but weaker. Along with this, the shadow has a mind of its own making it sentient and has its own personality. While in complete darkness all techniques clash at a rank higher, but techniques require a rank higher control rank to control than normal.

Drawbacks: While Dark Shadow is out it costs 5 limit per post as it is still taxing on the body. Along with this, if the shadow is in darkness the shadow can take over control if the user's control is under A rank. If the shadow takes over control the user will find that the shadow will become aggressive attacking any nearby objects. Dark Shadow has a weakness to light-based attacks, causing light based attacks to receive a +1 to dark shadow techniques, and lowering it's damage by 1 rank while fighting against light based quirks. Along with this Dark Shadow has a durability, the shadow is capable of taking three equal rank techniques before returning into the user's body for two posts.

Limit-Break: When the user goes over their limit they will lose the ability to produce the shadow for two turns, it returns to their body, and the user finds they are much weaker being unable to move as fast until they manage to rest and regain their stamina(-1 to speed for 2 turns). Along with this, if the user -5's in a dark area, Dark Shadow's sentience, and bloodlust will take complete control and for the next 3 posts, or until it comes into contact with a light source of 2 ranks or lower than the user's control, it will attack anyone it sees and cannot be unmanifested by the user.

Users:

Dark Shadow D7AL8ge
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum