Genesis - MHA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Accounts

Staff

Kai

Hideki

AyaseNaosukeCypher

Hideki

Staff Online
Early Bird's Special
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:28 pmKai
With more and more …
Building the Basics
Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:28 amKai
Welcome Everyone to …

Go down
Akira Kurosawa
Akira Kurosawa
Cash : 0

Homing Empty Homing

Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:35 pm
Name: Homing
Category: Manipulation
Range: Varies
Description: Users of the quirk are able to control the trajectory, speed, and the route to a target of any fired projectiles. With the amounts increasing with control over the quirk. This is done by holding said projectile to imprint the will of the Quirk holder moments before it fires. Allowing them additional advantages while in combat with a ranged weapon. At max rank control user's of this quirk could shot at anyone in the same thread regardless of distance or obstruction as long as they know where to send the projectile.

• D-rank: Grants the user +1 advantage when using ranged weapons offensively.
  • C-rank: Grants the user +2 advantage when using ranged weapons offensively.
  • B-rank: Grants the user +3 advantage when using ranged weapons offensively.
  • A-rank: Grants the user +4 advantage when using ranged weapons offensively.
  • S-rank: Grants the user +5 advantage when using ranged weapons offensively.
  • SS-rank: Grants the user +6 advantage when using ranged weapons offensively.

Offensively referring only to when a projectile is fired/ tossed by the user. IE, shooting off a gun, firing a arrow from a bow, or tossing a rock.

Drawbacks: To gain this advantage however the quirk holder must spend 35 limit at all ranks to empower a single attack with this bonus.

Limit-Break: at -5 limit pool the users of the quirk can't use their quirk, at -10 limit pool the user passes out.

Users: (This for staff and you can largely ignore this)

Last edited by Akira Kurosawa on Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:52 pm; edited 5 times in total
Syn
Cash : 0

Homing Empty Re: Homing

Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:42 pm
Okay so for the most part this looks okay to me. But here's my grading on what you need to fix.

Description: include that the quirk uses lipids in the body. I also believe you should add that they can only create certain sized or complicated items based on their control rank. That is optional and I will leave to whoever gives a 2/2.

Drawbacks: sweating causes a loss of energy so cause that to increase they're limit pool, or just inherently reduce their limit pool. This would add a counter such as being weak to heat based attacks.

Limit break: you need to have an actual limit break. My suggestion, is the inability to move along with the inability to create anything.
Hideki
Hideki
Cash : 70

Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:00 pm
Can you go a little more into detail about the dragging people into the book? Kinda of what that entails, etc... I should say ahead of time that creating sort of pocket fantasy realities aren't gonna be allowed (without some major drawbacks and nerfs to the general mechanism of it, to balance it for general use). Also, can you give some definition for how long it takes things to pull out of the book and how real the items that the user pulls out are (how long they last, if they're true to life real items and permanent, etc...)
Hideki
Hideki

Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:25 pm
I'm not a huge fan of being able to copy quirks without some applicable mechanic to do so?

Otherwise, are there other degrees of rank of control? Give it some shades of ability, what the user can copy and what they can't, etc...

Can you clarify what +1 and +2 disadvantage are? If that's increased damage or their quirks are more effective, etc...

Hideki
Hideki

Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:46 pm
This looks pretty good, the only thing I have a question on is what exactly +# advantage ends up meaning? If it's an offense vs defense thing or if it's boosted stats for a technique, etc... Depending on the answer a +6 may be perfectly reasonable or ridiculously overpowered so I'm leaning to say to tailor the high end of this as well but I'm not sure what it's referring to at the moment.
Hideki
Hideki

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:25 pm
Sorry, I think you might have misunderstood somewhere which is my fault. I wasn't referring to clarify the offensive thing, though your note does well with that. I mean clarifying what 'advantage' means at each level
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum