Genesis - MHA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Accounts

Staff

Kai

Hideki

AyaseNaosukeCypher

Hideki

Staff Online
Early Bird's Special
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:28 pmKai
With more and more …
Building the Basics
Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:28 amKai
Welcome Everyone to …

Go down
Spirit Evers
Spirit Evers
Cash : 23

Heal Empty Heal

Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:36 am
Name: Heal
Category: Emission
Range: Self
Description: This Quirk allows users to amplify and quicken their targets' healing process by extending their lips and kissing them. With this, some grave injuries requiring months to heal can be healed completely in a matter of seconds. injuries able to be treated increases with rank of control.

Drawbacks: If the amount of limit someone has is less than what is needed to heal their injuries, the process could lead to their death. As such, surgeries and conventional healing methods will be required for severely life-threatening injuries, before the effects of the Quirk can be applied. In such cases, it is sometimes applied several times over a period of time, instead of healing everything in one shot. This also means that if a person suffers serious enough injuries, the Quirk will be unable to save them from death.

• D-Rank: Drains 45 limit from Quirk holder & healed party per use.
  • C-Rank: Drains 40 limit from Quirk holder & healed party per use.
  • B-Rank: Drains 35 limit from Quirk holder & 30 limit from the healed party per use.
  • A-Rank: Drains 35 limit from Quirk holder & 25 limit from the healed party per use.
  • S-Rank: Drains 35 limit from Quirk holder & 20 limit from the healed party per use.
  • SS-Rank: Drains 30 limit from Quirk holder & 20 limit from the healed party per use.

Limit-Break: At -5 limit the user can not use their quirk. At -10 limit pool the Quirk holder blacks out.

Users: (This for staff and you can largely ignore this)

Last edited by Spirit Evers on Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:06 pm; edited 7 times in total
Hideki
Hideki
Cash : 70

Heal Empty Re: Heal

Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:36 am
Everything looks good here!~ I would like to see more detail at what levels of injuries can be healed at each rank and how much stamina/drain that takes in the drawbacks section (I know it's a bit arbitrary but something to give more detail would be good).

Further on the limit break, at -10 the user falls unconscious (as of the guidelines) so I'd like to see this match that standing.
Hideki
Hideki

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:57 pm
This looks good, I made a typo in the actual quirk and you can drop the list since it's implied via the damage/healing chart.

Otherwise, you can lighten up on the drawbacks a bit? It really doesn't need to be that excessive/strict for the healing~
Kai
Kai
Cash : 8

Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:12 am
So a few things. First, as stated before you can drop the list of what it does for healing. That's implicit in techniques, and the rules surrounding them. just like a damage quirk doesn't need to list it's damage at each rank, this doesn't need to list it's heals :p

Second, I'd like to see more info about the usage of the user's stamina in order to do things. if it doesn't do anything more than normal techniques, it doesn't need to be listed. However this seems to imply that heal techniques consume more limit-pool than normal.

Additionally, since this is a canonic quirk, I'm going to ask you include something. That being that it drains some of the target's limit pool as well, as the canonic quirk drained it's target stamina when she healed. What I'd like to see from this is at say, D-C control, it drains double the given techniques amount out of it's targets limit pool. At B-A, it drains the equal to the techniques amount of the target limit pool, and at S-SS, it drains half, rounded up to the nearest 5. though if you can find a more fun way to balance it, that's fine.

Furthermore, "Guide above refers to single use of Quirk without other medical aids. Roughly double each listed if first-aid is applied before treatment with Quirk, or three times if Medical aid / surgery is done prior to Quirk use." This seems like it could refer to 2 things. Either A) the user's stamina drain isn't as great in medical settings. Which is relatively fine, though it should be adjusted to not doubles and triples as that's a lot, but something a bit more tame. Or this grants the user double and triple the healing power in those settings, and if that's the case this in some cases grants the user like a +3 to techniques, and that's not okay. TLDR: If it refers to the stamina drain, it's largely fine. It if boosts their healing power overall, remove it. Either way, clarify.

Finally as this is a canonic quirk, I'd like to see a little more effort put into the limit break than just a single sentence. or at the very least, more effort put into the sentence.
Hideki
Hideki

Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:22 pm
So, this looks good to me? I would say you can buff it still so I would say something like, for D rank it costs you 30 LP and the target 10 (don't need to use those numbers but you get the idea) and really, you don't need hardcoded numbers here, just some measure of how it drains from the user's stamina?

So something like this would be good:

• D-rank: A user with this level of control drains larges amounts of their stamina per use, additionally, it takes the same amount of limit pool from the person's healed with this quirk as it does for the user to do the actual healing.
  • C-rank: A user with this level has slightly more control though it's still finicky at best and they can't use it more than a few times before tiring quickly. The person being healed ends up losing 75% of the LP cost as the user does when being healed.
  • etc, etc, etc...

Hopefully that illuminates a bit and if not then reach out to me vai PM's or on discord and I can try to explain a bit more/elaborate~
Hideki
Hideki

Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:44 pm
Much simpler for sure, I still want to see higher penalties (increase the drain) for the higher end of this? I know it's a purely healing quirk but only 10 LP per use means that at SS rank you'll never run out of LP without doing something absolutely ridiculous technique-wise
Hideki
Hideki

Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:25 pm
Spirit Evers wrote:Name: Heal
Category: Emission
Range: Self
Description: This Quirk allows users to amplify and quicken their targets' healing process by extending their lips and kissing them. With this, some grave injuries requiring months to heal can be healed completely in a matter of seconds. injuries able to be treated increases with rank of control.

Drawbacks: If the amount of limit someone has is less than what is needed to heal their injuries, the process could lead to their death. As such, surgeries and conventional healing methods will be required for severely life-threatening injuries, before the effects of the Quirk can be applied. In such cases, it is sometimes applied several times over a period of time, instead of healing everything in one shot. This also means that if a person suffers serious enough injuries, the Quirk will be unable to save them from death.

• D-Rank: Drains 45 limit from Quirk holder & healed party per use.
  • C-Rank: Drains 40 limit from Quirk holder & healed party per use.
  • B-Rank: Drains 35 limit from Quirk holder & 30 limit from the healed party per use.
  • A-Rank: Drains 35 limit from Quirk holder & 25 limit from the healed party per use.
  • S-Rank: Drains 35 limit from Quirk holder & 20 limit from the healed party per use.
  • SS-Rank: Drains 30 limit from Quirk holder & 20 limit from the healed party per use.

Limit-Break: At -5 limit the user can not use their quirk. At -10 limit pool the Quirk holder blacks out.

Users: (This for staff and you can largely ignore this)

Approved!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum