Genesis - MHA
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Switch Accounts

Staff

Kai

Hideki

AyaseNaosukeCypher

Hideki

Staff Online
Early Bird's Special
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:28 pmKai
With more and more …
Building the Basics
Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:28 amKai
Welcome Everyone to …

Go down
Kaede Hoshi
Kaede Hoshi
Cash : 0

Second blood Empty Second blood

Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:45 am
Name: Second blood
Category: Transformation
Range: Self
Description: Inside the user resides two blood types. The first, their normal blood akin to all or most others this has no special traits or effects outside keeping them alive. The second, is the Quirk's manifestation and trigger kept within the heart until needed. Upon feeling energized, threatened, or with focus the user can cause this second blood to begin flowing alongside their normal blood causing a reaction.

Said reaction causes the user's body to faintly glow, and their eyes to change to a golden color as their body reacts to the changes. While active the user can access their full stat potential (SS-5 Strength, Speed, Stamina) While the two blood types are flowing together.

Drawbacks: The first Drawbacks worth mentioning are the simple and outside using the actual Quirk. Primarily, No user automatically gain SS-5 to their stats simply for using the quirk, they must train while using it to get past B-5 stats. To make matters worse, the user's bodies do not heal over time by themselves (I.E. the body will not try to stop blood flow to injured areas or heal over time without the assistance of a Quirk or medical aid.)

Next, This Quirk has a limited duration in combat threads (listed below). Or, while the Quirk is in use  in threads where permission is granted by other participants places a drain on the user's Limit pool instead of limited duration. (also listed below). Combat threads referring to threads with other parties involved, such as story threads, threads with other members. Lastly, the constant main drawback to the quirk is that all damage against the quirk holder yield a +2 for directs, and +1 graze / near misses. (they are easier hurt due to bodies lack of recovery.) At the age of thirty (30) these go up +1 each, and for every ten (10) years after +1 as well.

• D-Rank:  Active for three post in combat, and passively draining 30 limit per post.
  • C-Rank: Active for four post in combat, and passively draining 30 limit per post.
  • B-Rank: Active for five post in combat, and passively draining 20 limit per post.
  • A-Rank: Active for six post in combat, and passively draining 20 limit per post.
  • S-Rank: Active for seven post in combat, and passively draining 15 limit per post.
  • SS-Rank: Active for eight post in combat, and passively draining 15 limit per post.

Limit-Break: at -5 limit pool the user begins coughing up blood, and bleeding out more often leading to immediate Quirk deactivation. at -10 Limit pool the user passes out and can not use the Quirk again in the same thread.

Last edited by Kaede Hoshi on Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:05 pm; edited 12 times in total
Kai
Kai
Cash : 8

Second blood Empty Re: Second blood

Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:03 am
Due to how closely this quirk relates to stats, I'm going to put this on hold until the stat guidelines are out, however do note that you'll likely need to significantly decrease the values listed here, and also likely remove the bits about "being smarter" just because I feel it's unnecessary and isn't going to contribute much in the grand scheme of combat, or when battle mods are looking at your quirk to decide what you can and can't do. I recommend reading over the technique sections, specifically the values of ranges and speeds to get a good feel for how your quirk should line up.
Hideki
Hideki
Cash : 70

Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:47 am
With the drawbacks, I'd like more detail as to what damage happens at each level as well as what causes it? A person can't really exceed their running speed easily so as such, is it exceeding the limit that creates damage or overly sustained use over the standard B-5 stats, etc...

In the drawbacks where you describe some cases such as explosions damaging hearing, I'd like more detail on this? I'd treat it like math where you can't prove something by example. Create the general case to follow so it's more approachable on the whole.

Limit Break in the quirk guidelines give -10 to a person falling unconscious, please arrange your limit break to match this.
Hideki
Hideki

Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:55 pm
This ends up being like a +36 in total tiers to your speed and strength while only a -6 tiers to your stamina. It's fine to increase your stats and all but it needs a sort of partial equivalent-exchange here (and probably best to focus in speed or strength since both is pretty OP and to add on, it doesn't need to be a 1:1 trade off for stats directly but you get the idea)
Kai
Kai
Cash : 8

Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:56 am
Right so two things, First they drawback is incredibly heavy, but also not quite while I'm looking for. That works to help balance the quirk, but the quirk still needs some sort of counter for it. Take for example Prism. Not only does it have a negative in the form of taking more damage from blunt forced attacks, but it also has a counter in that if you remove the light, you counter the quirk entirely. this should have something akin to that.

The limit break is another thing, and while it's fine. You can choose to leave it at that, I'd rather see it have some spice or something. At the very least however, I need to know if this increases with your stamina (if you decide to raise the cap, which you totally can do). Or if it's always black-out at 0.
Hideki
Hideki

Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:14 pm
Much better! I like the way this quirk is now but still a few things:

On the quirk, drop the stamina portion of the stat boost as it really negates the drawback while active (SS-5 stamina makes it so only death can stop you and doesn't really reduce the berserk powerup as the drawback implies it does)

Drawbacks:
-You don't have to have such strenuous drawbacks to activate this. I would like to see a total time this is active instead? And increasing from there as the control rank increases?

Hideki
Hideki

Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:11 am
I don't think the drawback is too extreme, the age thing is kinda minimal in the long run but it's a good start. The only thing I want to see is a more consistent LP decrease across the board? D rank doesn't need to be so high (I get that it only lets it work for about a post or maybe two) but SS-rank use is negligible. I would recommend dropping the higher end so that it's around 10/15 limit cost per post as it is now.

Otherwise, looks mostly fine to me~
Hideki
Hideki

Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:34 pm
Kaede Hoshi wrote:Name: Second blood
Category: Transformation
Range: Self
Description: Inside the user resides two blood types. The first, their normal blood akin to all or most others this has no special traits or effects outside keeping them alive. The second, is the Quirk's manifestation and trigger kept within the heart until needed. Upon feeling energized, threatened, or with focus the user can cause this second blood to begin flowing alongside their normal blood causing a reaction.

Said reaction causes the user's body to faintly glow, and their eyes to change to a golden color as their body reacts to the changes. While active the user can access their full stat potential (SS-5 Strength, Speed, Stamina) While the two blood types are flowing together.

Drawbacks: The first Drawbacks worth mentioning are the simple and outside using the actual Quirk. Primarily, No user automatically gain SS-5 to their stats simply for using the quirk, they must train while using it to get past B-5 stats. To make matters worse, the user's bodies do not heal over time by themselves (I.E. the body will not try to stop blood flow to injured areas or heal over time without the assistance of a Quirk or medical aid.)

Next, This Quirk has a limited duration in combat threads (listed below). Or, while the Quirk is in use  in threads where permission is granted by other participants places a drain on the user's Limit pool instead of limited duration. (also listed below). Combat threads referring to threads with other parties involved, such as story threads, threads with other members. Lastly, the constant main drawback to the quirk is that all damage against the quirk holder yield a +2 for directs, and +1 graze / near misses. (they are easier hurt due to bodies lack of recovery.) At the age of thirty (30) these go up +1 each, and for every ten (10) years after +1 as well.

• D-Rank:  Active for three post in combat, and passively draining 30 limit per post.
  • C-Rank: Active for four post in combat, and passively draining 30 limit per post.
  • B-Rank: Active for five post in combat, and passively draining 20 limit per post.
  • A-Rank: Active for six post in combat, and passively draining 20 limit per post.
  • S-Rank: Active for seven post in combat, and passively draining 15 limit per post.
  • SS-Rank: Active for eight post in combat, and passively draining 15 limit per post.

Limit-Break: at -5 limit pool the user begins coughing up blood, and bleeding out more often leading to immediate Quirk deactivation. at -10 Limit pool the user passes out and can not use the Quirk again in the same thread.

Approved!
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum